Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Town Towny Permissions

Discussion in 'Towns & Nations Discussion' started by Rallysports, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Rallysports

Rallysports Member

I have someone that is wanting to help build out my town but before I give them elevated privileges I would like to know what the different levels are and the list of commands that they have access to. That way I can know what is safe and what I need to watch.

Thanks
    Rally

2. Hugones

Hugones Member

Towny only has 3 sets of privilleges currently set on the server:
    First is the mayor, it is given to the person that created the town and gives full permission to manage the town.
    Second is assistant, the mayor has to personally set people to assistant, it grants nearly all the perms of the mayor with restrictions being the inability to remove funds from the town bank and unclaiming chunks.
    Third is resident, everyone that gets invited into a town is set to this, it has no access to teh town administration commands.

Town also have some extra perms:
    Things like build, destroy, use and serendipity's exclusives noclick and lockdown. The destroy tag allows people to break blocks AND kill mobs within the town's borders.
    The first 3 also have level of perms that allow the restrictions to be applied to resident, ally and outsider. Allies are people from other towns of your nation.

Then there are plot perms, same as town perms, perms apply to friend, resident and outsider. The plot owner always has access to the plot, just like the town mayor always has access to everything in the town.

About the commands, if your friend is not in your town all he can do is check the town itself via "/t towname" and the plots using "/plot perm".

The most viable option here if you're worried about security is to "/res friend add playername" your friend and and set the plot perms to allow friends to work on it.

P.S. I know town actually has 4 flags for permission, I can't remember them all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rallysports

Rallysports Member

Hugones,

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Rally

4. Tappi777

Tappi777 Member

Thanks Hugones!
    There is also a co-mayor. He has all the permissions that a mayor has. Then there is a hidden rank called VIP. I think it has the same permissions as a resident but VIP sounds much cooler☺

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!