Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Town Griefed - ME systems completely destroyed

Discussion in 'Player Reports' started by DrakeLorad, Apr 7, 2016.

1. DrakeLorad

DrakeLorad Member

Hey all,

So apparently some dreadful duo came online and destroyed DrakeLorad and Astralflux's ME systems, when they were both /lock protected and in my protected town. This is obviously devastating, as we both had more things in those ME systems than we could possibly fill out a refund request for.

I understand the two people responsible have been banned but I implore you to find a way to restore our belongings. I had 9 x 16k ME drives full of items and Astral had a similar number, probably weeks of item collecting.

I understand Tomato was working on reloading our chunks to before the event happened. I don't know if this has been done yet, but hopefully that will solve this horrible event.

I have faith in you guys, please help us out,
    Sincerely, Dracius Lorada III

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Billysbakery

Billysbakery Member

Sorry to hear that - just found out it has happened to my town as well.

3. tubbytoad42

tubbytoad42 Retired Staff

We are actively working to restore the lost items and will do so through a region restoration or refund request depending on the severity of the damage.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Billysbakery

Billysbakery Member

Thanks Tubby, I'm not very concerned as I will be returning to the new Unlimited iteration. I was more concerned that griefs appear to be active on Serendipity.

5. tubbytoad42

tubbytoad42 Retired Staff

We discovered the exploit used in this situation and fixed the security vulnerability so hopefully incidents like this will not occur in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AstralFlux

AstralFlux Member

When can i expect the rollback to happen?

7. DrakeLorad

DrakeLorad Member

I've been a little curious myself. Tomato said to be patient when it first happened and that they were working on it and it would be fixed soon. I was cool with that, after all they're doing us a big favour, but I assumed that meant a day or two and its been a little over half a week. I've already lost two townmembers :/

PS. don't leave me AstralFlux I luv u <3

8. TomatoInTheSky

TomatoInTheSky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I apologize deeply for the wait. Your base has been rolled back. I'm sorry that it took a while. I've had a busy week and no time to get on, so the first thing I did tonight was get that done. Please do note that with this roll back, some town members may have been rolled back as well. It was difficult to find out which region you were in the first couple of times. If the other town members (whos plots have not been affected due to the bypass before the rollback) have lost items, have them make a ticket in game and I will get to it.

Once again, apologies for the wait.

-Tomato

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!