Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion Sub forum restricted to paid ranks

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Nexil, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Nexil

Nexil Member

Should be fairly easy to set up
    Allows suggestions or feedback of some what sensitive nature among various other things.
    Most games/community have one

Not really reason not to.

also if an admin sees this can I get my forum rank please
    [​IMG]

#1 Nexil, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Im assuming you are still creating this thread?

3. SDX

SDX Member

reason not to would be so everyone in the community has a voice and not just those with money

• Like Like x 1
  4. NosajDraw

NosajDraw Member

If information is sensitive or confidential it shouldn't be posted on the forum at all, but sent via PM or the ticketing system.

If it's not sensitive or confidential then why should it be restricted to people who paid?

5. Nexil

Nexil Member

If you don't want to use it, nothing is forcing you too.

6. NosajDraw

NosajDraw Member

Sure, but why is it needed, what does it do? Is it just a vanity thing for donators?

7. SDX

SDX Member

seems some donators think they need more... no serendipity needs to stay open to ALL as it always has been

8. Owenvee

Owenvee Mediator

The problem with that is that it splits a already small community into two much smaller ones. I don't oppose the idea of giving privileges to our paying customers, I do however oppose the idea of splitting our community.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HandGrenade

HandGrenade Administrator

Personally, I don't think this addition would bring any benefit into our community. I feel as though this would just separate our players, as Owen said. We also do not want to force players to have a pay just to have some sort of a special say in what goes with the community, we give everyone equal say.

If there is sensitive nature in anything you post, maybe you should try giving a Staff Member a private message.

Overall, I'd have to say no to the idea.

10. Nexil

Nexil Member

no pay, no say.

11. HandGrenade

HandGrenade Administrator

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this statement. Well, I do, but do you mean, our community should have a rule that if you don't pay, you don't have a say? Personally, I feel like that rule would be completely stupid, as we do not, and I don't see us ever making donators the only people having a say in what goes. We are always happy to take suggestions and ideas from anyone in the community.

If however, you meant that we already have that rule, you are completely wrong, and my statement eariler just states exactly why.

12. WtGuy

WtGuy Member

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I'll treat it as a viable statement.

From Serendipity's opening back in 2012, there was one thing we agreed upon. It was that donators and non-donators would be treated the same across every server we ran for the future. Donating doesn't mean you get to avoid bans or get off easy, and we don't have any pay walls behind any items in game. We don't take incentives to add in new things or provide special treatment.

This is a foundation of why, I personally believe, that we became successful. And we don't plan on changing that any time soon.

13. Nexil

Nexil Member

Was 110% Sarcasm, when I first suggested this I had no intention of trying to create a space to exclude/divide sections of the community.
    I guess mainly due to my lack of any real in-depth reasoning for the suggested sub forum, some people instantly could only see the worst possible reason/uses for such a space. I guess with the attitudes/misconceptions of some people such a space would not work with our community.

14. NosajDraw

NosajDraw Member

I'm not sure that others are to blame if you are unable to express or explain an idea as you would like.

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!