Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Resolved Stuck In Nether!

Discussion in 'Crashes and Bug Reports' started by thehappybub, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

My ign is thehappybub and I've been playing for about a week now.

I created a nether portal and went through it a couple of times no problem. One time, when I spawned in the nether, it was unloaded and I would repeatedly die by "suffocating in a wall."

After being unable to enter the nether due to it being unloaded, I logged out while in the process of taking suffocation damage in the nether and logged back in. Upon logging back in, the nether was loaded, but I can no longer use any commands that involved changing location.

/home and any /warp give an error message: "Unexpected error running this command: null"
    /spawn takes me to the spawn location of the nether at 0, 65, -1
    Upon death I go to the nether spawn mentioned above.

I tried the location reset and unstuck utility from the donation store and neither do anything.

Before anyone asks, yes I set a home that worked perfectly before, no I don't have BetterMCChat installed.
    There was another player earlier the day that this happened who had the same thing happen to him, and he just left after no one was able to help him, so this might have happened to more people.

Please help, I am unable to play the game at all and for the past day no mod had the commands necessary to bring me back to the overworld.

Thanks,
    thehappybub

2. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

Edit is not letting me post .... /suicide works to get out, but going back through my nether portal brings me to unloaded nether which suffocates me.

3. Mega Pot

Mega Pot Member

Hi bub, this sounds just like what happened to me. So its looking like a server side issue with the nether. I did post a bug report here but I dont see it in the threads. So Im just adding a me too!
    Mega_Pot

4. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

Yea Mega_Pot, you're the guy I was thinking of. If I need to go to the nether I can still do it, but it becomes a complicated set of steps (lol):
    (1) Gotta go in my nether portal (which takes me to an unloaded nether)
    (2) Log out while taking damage in the glitched nether
    (3) Log in, after which the nether is fine but no teleportation commands work properly
    (4) /suicide to go back

5. JWTech

JWTech Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

We're looking into this issue. More info will be posted as we progress.

6. MissEmai

MissEmai SrModerator
    Staff Member SrModerator

We have located the issue and it has been resolved as of the time of this post.
    If you encounter any further issues, please don't hesitate to let us know via this forum or on the discord.

7. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

Awesome thanks! Just out of curiosity, what was the issue?

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!