Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion Seamless Integration

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by thehappybub, Aug 27, 2017.

1. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

Hi everyone. This suggestion applies to the Resonant Rise 4 server as that is the only one I play on, though I'm sure some of these issues might be present in the other modded servers as well.

I played on this server back when it was on RR3 and I absolutely loved it. I've been playing on RR4 now for about a week and have come to get annoyed by a bunch of misc things which I would like to bring up to the admins and owner of the server.

I understand that recent minecraft updates have made a lot of things more difficult than before in terms of updating mods, so there might not be a way currently to fix some of these things, but I'll list them out anyway.

(1) Ingots/dusts/clumps from different mods are not homogenous. It would be great if someone could choose a metal ingot from one mod, for example thermal expansion or mekanism and make every ingot outputted from smelting or dust outputted from pulverizing or clump outputted from crushing be that mod. For example, sometimes I get Tinker copper, sometimes railcraft copper, sometimes TE copper and I understand that there's blocks which can convert things using the ore dictionary, but it would be smoother if I got the same metal, whether or not it came from a smeltery, an alloy smelter, or a vanilla furnace each time.

(2) Ingots from different mods do not integrate completely in recipes. For example, railcraft bronze ingots do not work in a crafting table when crafting bronze weapons. The same items from different mods should be completely interchangeable.

(3) Seamless multiblock detection. For example, mekanism tanks, when stacked on top of each other, should reorganize themselves into one larger tank (similar to buildcraft tanks) and the liquids from the upper tank should flow down. Using a bucket on any tank in the column should take liquid from the upper-most section. This also applies to tinker lava tanks. As it currently stands, lava is used from the bottom one if multiple are stacked in a smeltery setup creating weird lava gaps in the column of tanks.

(4) Server lag. Even when the server has only a few people online, there is still block and entity lag at periodic intervals. Longer mining trips become a pain when you have to mine the same blocks over again because they reappear after being mined. Fighting enemies becomes impossible sometimes when the entity freezes and then reappears at a different location, having hit me multiple times in the stretch of the lag, while I was unable to land any hits.

(5) Dimension bugs. I have already posted about being stuck in the nether in the bugs and assistance section, but I have seen a few people get dimension errors in both the nether and the end over the last week. Perhaps there are problems with a pluggin and there are some "hidden" dimensions that players are sometimes accidentally placed in.

(6) Improved chunkloading. Currently, no matter what I set my own settings to, the render distance is extremely small. I only ever visually load the chunk I am in and the set of chunks immediately surrounding that chunk. Not only does it look weird when it seems that I'm walking toward nothingness all the time, but sometimes blazes or baltzes hit me with projectiles from outside of the rendered distance. It would also be nice to have a nice view of terrain when flying or standing on a mountain. Perhaps scaling render distance with y-axis height?

TL;DR: There are many rather small improvements that would make the res server on serendipity (and probably all the modded servers) more of an enjoyable experience. I understand that the server is a work in progress and I am excited to continue playing on the serendipity network. I just feel like fixing some of the small things that are encountered so often can make players feel like they are getting a more robust experience without any huge overhauls or content changes.

Thanks,
    thehappybub

2. thehappybub

thehappybub Member

#5 has been fixed!

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!