Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion Refresh Nether (Unlimited Blue)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by SorrowfulAngel, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SorrowfulAngel

Hiya.

Only started playing on Unlimited Blue a couple of days ago, so as you can imagine a time comes when I need to journey into the nether.... and here comes the horrible part! I spawn there and can you imagine my surprise when all I see is dirt?

May I please request a refresh of the nether? If not immediately may I inquire about when this would happen?

Thank you
    A very distressed player

2. ImminentStrike

Staff Member Helper

In a days time Unlimited 7 realms blue and green will be removed and a new iteration of Unlimited will arrive - with a brand new nether.

3. Elstealthed

Elstealthed Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

so unlimited blue is being deleted?

4. SorrowfulAngel

Well that basically means that a weeks worth of building and gathering is lost? ... Think there should have been a warning for players playing the this close to them being removed.

5. ImminentStrike

Staff Member Helper

6. SorrowfulAngel

That has been put up today.... sort of short notice isnt it?

7. ImminentStrike

Staff Member Helper

I was more talking to Elstealthed with that response.

Yes, it is short notice. However, if we had put up an announcement sooner others would have left the already dwindling amount of active players on the Unlimited servers. We can't win with an issue like this, so it is preferable to keep a player base rather than have two dead servers.

8. Elstealthed

Elstealthed Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

i would of read it if there was more of a notice to it... read the forums news every night we i log off.

9. SorrowfulAngel

Well... it is unfair on the players like me and Elstealthed.... We started playing Unlimited Blue cause we thought it will be decent. We spent the past week (maybe a bit less) building and gathering only to realise its been a waste? How would you feel in that situation? It was the reason we stopped looking for other servers to play on :/
    And as for losing players... we havent really seen many people on Unlimited Blue.. and really dont you think if people believe the update to be good they will stay and play instead of leaving?

10. ImminentStrike

Staff Member Helper

I'm going to be blunt here, if you classify spending a week playing minecraft as a waste what are you even doing here? If you're going to play a game it should be because you love it... Sure, it's upsetting when all the hard work you do is reset, but I just see that as an opportunity to start again and do things even better than before. It's an opportunity to grow and improve. We will not stop updating the Unlimited modpack. We're trying to offer a cutting edge collection of mods and plugins and that cannot be done without major updates and overhauls, many of which require a map reset to run properly.

I apologise for the time you have supposedly wasted, but improvement and refinement is necessary to keep a custom modpack like Unlimited alive and prosperous.

11. Elstealthed

Elstealthed Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

fair enough if you feel that way.

also we wasnt saying dont update it et cetera we was just saying it would of been nice for more of a notice thats all.
    case closed

12. tubbytoad42

tubbytoad42 Retired Staff

The problem with notice is we often don't know ourselves when the new updates will be ready. In this specific case, we announced the release date only minutes after we knew ourselves!

In terms of more notice the presence of the beta pack on the launcher has been a defacto notice for some time (a few weeks, I believe). Unlimited is already sorely in need of a refresh, and unfortunately due to staff scheduling issues the release would have to be tuesday or several weeks off from now.

However I can understand your frustration - please feel free to send me a private message and we can work something out.

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!