Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Poor Hospitality, Savageness and Harassment

Discussion in 'Player Reports' started by apricott99, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apricott99

apricott99 Member

apricott99

ObjectedCobra

From a month ago up until now (8:56 GMT 29/2/2016)

Staff members online: mcdawkins ~Helper (sorry if you name isn't correct, I can't remember it off the top of my head)

Harassment, Hostility

1. So I logged onto the forums today to create a suggestion. When I checked my notifications I found an unpleasant surprise, "ObjectedCobra" had gone on a dislike spree on all my posts, this looks bad on my member profile and I find it harassing, it could even come under the spam category. <image1> Now I have no problem with him expressing his opinion on a reasonable scale, but he has done this on posts which have no clear reason to dislike. <image2>

2. Earlier this month, he started lashing out at a new player on the server. "ObjectedCobra" told this new member to be quiet and stop spamming, this poor fella was just asking to join a town, and judging by the lack of his messages on my chat screen it was clear that he was not being repetitive. I expressed my disagreement with "ObjectedCobra" by asking him to be polite, especially to new members, to which he lashed out in response. I had to explain to the new member that some people have private towns, but you have the option to create a new one if you cannot find one. However I'm dissapointed that he didn't even have the decency to address him with this before he outraged. The argument went on and on, constantly spamming chat, in the end I asked the helper mcdawkins in private messages what he could do about it, he said he could not mute, so instead I asked that he should warn myself and "ObjectedCobra" in order to end the argument. Which he did, and the argument ended, apart from pettie comments hinting back to the argument on his part.

Now I'm disappointed because how is our server meant to survive, flourish and expand when our new players are treated like this? They are real people, they will never come back if they regard our server like that.

3. Lastly, myself and others have noticed that "ObjectedCobra", never has anything good to say, it seems like he always complains, and un-prompted, always seem to express his disagreements for others ideas, questions, answers or just themselves in general. Now this last point is more on my personal thoughts for this player report, so you may choose to ignore it of you whish.

Could we have this behaviour taken care of? Perhaps a discussion with this player or a warning? I'm not a staff member, however that is my opinion.

ObjectedCobra I would be most grateful if you did not comment on this thread, in order to prevent an argument. Remember if you disagree with me or have an objection, pm a staff member, private message me, or do so in another form, in order to prevent a lash out. Thanks

Best wishes

Your fave swaggaholic

~apri

image.png image.jpeg

Attached Files:

#1 apricott99, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TomatoInTheSky

TomatoInTheSky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi there,

Do you have any logs or proof from when ObjectedCobra lashed out to the new player?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. apricott99

apricott99 Member

Hey,

The only proof I have is mcdawkins, he was present at the time. I didn't take any screenshots.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. PillowyGiant69

PillowyGiant69 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was there when ObjectedCobra asked the new player to stop spamming in chat. Yes this new player was spamming the same message over and over, ObjectedCobra asked him to stop spamming in a nice way. If I recall I even warned the player myself.

For ObjectedCobra and his... complaints, Yes he has them but we all have them but I dont see a problem with what he does, Hes not broken any rules yet and when I asked him to stop something he did just that. Yes I have got to know this user called ObjectedCobra and honestly him rating posts is just his personality that one would either have to live with or ignore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. PillowyGiant69

PillowyGiant69 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apricott99, So now I get a Dislike from you. Maybe I should report you for that? :O

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. apricott99

apricott99 Member

So you will just let this go by? It's classified as spam, harassment, it goes against the universal server rules of use common sense and general negative behaviour, and I don't like it at all. He should sympathise for new players not just ignore them and then cut to telling them to be quiet. I could just go and dislike every single post he has ever made to return the favour, but that's not the right thing to do... You seem to know him better and on a more personal level so I am sensing some bias, I just saw you on teamspeak with him in a private lobby so I'm afraid I would like another staff member to continue with this post.

Thanks

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. apricott99

apricott99 Member

Disliking a reasonable post, I'm fine with that, but over and over again for illogical reasons on a neutral post isn't fine with me. Please address my concerns properly, don't treat them as a joke.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. PillowyGiant69

PillowyGiant69 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You say its rules not to spam and yet this user that was new was spamming in chat. ObjectedCobra is in a town and is not in any way able to get anyone into the town he is in, Anyone in the same position can and could do the same as for this new player yes he was spamming in chat, saying it over and over without changing a word in the sentence.

All I wanted to do was point out that the new user was spamming and he was told not too. But I will stop posting from here and let another staff take this. And the helper your saying is mddawkins, mcdawkins is his other account that as far as I know only came on once.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TomatoInTheSky

TomatoInTheSky Administrator

If a player is spamming, everyone is free to tell them to be quiet. Saying shut up can be considered rude. However, that's just how some people express themselves and speak.

You provided your evidence with his "harassment" towards you. However I don't see any for when he harassed another player. Even so, I don't see that as harassment. He told a player to stop spamming. Even if it was a "shut up", wouldn't you be annoyed if a player kept spamming? Even in general. If a person keeps asking me "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?", i'd probably say shut up. Again, this is just how some people express themselves. In different ways.

Unless I get some logs of the whole conversation that went on, then the separate report on this specific event will be considered null and void. Period.

-Tomato

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would also like to add that another player's word should never be used as proof unless you got screenshots to back it up. We are all human beings and as such our view can be a bit biased. I am not saying Dawkins is but people as a race are prone to being such. That being said. I know and have played with Cobra long enough to know that he would never just out of the blue act like you described towards a new player. And regarding the calling your posts dumb? Those ratings are there to bring a person's opinion across without having to reply to everything. These should be treated like they are, an opinion and not as an attempt to harrass you. Like everything else dealing with opinions, If you don't like it or disagree the best course of action is to pay it no mind. Because if you do all thats gonna happen is the other person reacting to that and vice versa

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. apricott99

apricott99 Member

Cyril thank you for contributing with your studies of human kind. There is nothing wrong with suggesting another member's name for evidence, and looking at the fact that I did not heavily rely upon it, I wonder why you choose to bring this up, but then I've noticed you taking offence to having other people name you in a forum before for some strange reason, but then you may have your own view of the server rules because "We are all human beings" so we can interpret things wrong. Just like how I have interpreted "ObjectCobra"'s spam of ratings on neutral comments as vicious.

Also I hope you have noticed that at the top of the player report, the instructions ask you to add "We're any staff members online". I would advise you to revise the server rules. You can do so by looking at the top of each forum where a guide is provided, or whether it's in game; type /rules.

As for PillowyGiant69, what's wrong with taking a nicer approach to conveying this to another member, especially when he's new and not accustomed with the rules? Why didn't he offer him a solution like I did instead of ignoring him. That would have stopped him from "spamming", and it would have contributed to his stay at this server... Instead we have lost a possible member of our community. The player had no idea about "ObjectCobra"'s situation with his town, a pleasant explaination wouldn't do him any harm. Just as Cyril lectured us upon, not every new player will check the rules, "We are all human beings" so we will tend to ignore the boring parts (the rules) and jump straight into the interesting part of playing the game. Hence why new people make more mistakes then people who have been around longer.
    If you joined a server, new and needing help, simply asked a question to have no reply, have to type it again to hope that someone will answer and then get slapped with a "don't spam". Would you be inclined to stay on this server? I think not, you would find a new one with nicer players and a nicer community.

As for TomatoInTheSky the harassment was to do with him subjecting out me, not the new player that I was talking about. That was just general negativity and the breaking of the common sense rule. And come on, you should have the basic decency to sypethisize for new players, how else will we gain new players and expand our community?

As for the other section, it can be dropped, unless you would like to ask mddawkins for his view/opinion/proof of this event.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thread locked untill upper staff gets around to it

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mikdarzhi

Mikdarzhi Administrator

I've discussed your complaints with ObjectedCobra, and based on the evidence shown here your issues mainly occurred in your previous ban appeal, they have agreed to stop harassing you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!