Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Year, New Serendipity

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by sssssss340, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBossJDawg

DaBossJDawg Member

I feel that being forced to shut down by a mod maker who nit picked our community out of hundreds to choose from isn't really fair. That little ordeal was ridiculous and shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

2. hibee85

hibee85 Member

All the chat is still up if you'd like me to link to it (prefer not to drag it all up) but no-one forced the server to close either time. First time was when Serendipity was in the top 10 packs on FTB launcher (hence extremely public and why mod makers were drawn to it) and at first it was that they were going to remove things from the store, then a long post to announce closing server down about a month later. 2nd time they did the same but without anywhere near the same public explanation and also while berating players for bringing it up on the server when it first kicked off. My point was just explaining that many promises have been broken before where they have just pulled the server so I'm more sceptical than yourself while awaiting this launch and wanted to give others examples of why rather than blindly accepting what they are told.

For the actual Fireball issue (which is all you really commented on last post), both parties were in the wrong and I'm not happy personally to see Serendipity still following that route but it's a choice they have made so the consequences are theirs to deal with if there is ever any backlash as it's undefendable in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

For the people bringing up how great a community this site is, I say this... What community?

The community that we had on the now non-existant servers? The servers that were taken down, with staff not caring to tell the community that 'yeah, we're taking them down in a couple days', or rather 'yeah, we took them down a couple weeks ago, sorry for not bothering to mention this before'.

The community here on the forums? The community that, with the exception of posts to this topic, is stagnant - no, dead?

One active topic a community does not make.

Staff are supposed to communicate with a community. Staff have been rather... well, silent is putting things lightly.

Staff can't bother to communicate with us - this so called community - so can we really claim to be a community at all?

4. tunny14

tunny14 Member

if you are not going to say anything supportive or understanding towards the staff you may well just never post anything on this form again

some of the people complaining of this server don't understand how this world works and need to understands the staff are very busy people they all have lives. and yes not all of the staff aren't robots.

To every one who thinks the staff are being to slow think to your self if we do wait the server will be much better.

5. hibee85

hibee85 Member

I agree, the community isn't what it used to be (as I've said before, Infinity used to be a top 10 pack) but you often find with Minecraft that the same faces come back around and can build things up again the same way and the core values and staff around the server will usually help with this. But as it stands, the community is this thread, some people waiting blindly & unquestionably then others looking answers/progression and wanting to feel valued as a player.

This is what I hate seeing. People just following and trying to shoot people down who want to question things, not every comment has to be supportive/understanding to be valid, there is nothing at all wrong with constructive criticism. I've worked in Customer Service side of things for 10+ years, I work in Social Media these days and when you do something wrong, you should be grateful for the feedback so you know where to improve rather than just belittle people who complain and tell them to accept it how it is.

And a specific part of your comment: "need to understands the staff are very busy people they all have lives". No-one has doubted this or questioned that staff have lives at any point but when the launch was meant to be 3 weeks after the initial announcement and we are now 7 weeks later then if real life is still getting in the way still, are they committed enough to be staff? So using real lives to justify these delays isn't really acceptable with the timescales we are at now.

However, staff could be doing 30+ hours each a week working on back end stuff/plugins/stability/whatever in which case it might be completely understandable for these delays, but without updates it's something we don't know.

6. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!