Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Year, New Serendipity

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by sssssss340, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Except that is not really true. We have never stated that Thermal expansion would be in the photon back nor is the photon pack the reason why things have gotten delayed. That mod was merely used an an example of the kinds of mods we are looking to use. The reason why things are delayed are simply due to backend issues that are currently still worked on by our development team.

Please do not assume anything to be true unless a staffmember themselves verifies it.

Regarding the lack of updates being announced. The admins are still hard at work but they too got their real lifes that takes priority. I am unable to disclose any more information though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. KainArkanos

KainArkanos Member

Everyone is quite aware of people having lives, hell my previous post even denoted it too, that is no problem, but I think if an official date was decidedly announced and it was missed by a whole two weeks, some REAL form of update should come up since two weeks is literally half a month.

Also, not to be a bitch, but this isn't a big shot company designing a multi-million dollar profitable piece of software nor do we have government classified documents built into our minecraft mods. No one needs to know the exact little piece of backend problem to have an update on how things are progressing, so stop saying you "can't disclose any more information". If you can't provide any information, you're better off not saying a damn thing at all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Ockman

Ockman Member

A bit harsh @KainArkanos but I kind of have to agree with you. Even a vague post every 3 days that just says "working on plugins", "world gen is acting up/being slow", "everything on hold for a week for personal reasons", etc. would be appreciated. I like the updates on things but complete silence just comes off weird. If something comes up just tell us you bumped the expected release date.

4. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Technically i did give an update. Namely that we are having back end issues that are currently being worked on with some progress being made.

5. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

Yeah, you DID state that TE is going to be apart of the launch - Both in the little listing you gave for Photon and in your overview of new S-point shop items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also brought up that that TE was listed a month ago, and I got crickets when asking for clarification on it.

Your saying 'we never stated it would be in it, this was just a example' is a load of crap - If you had no intention of launching the pack with a mod then staff should have been honest about it and NOT have listed it as one of the 'basic mods that will be included' in the pack.

That said, since it's server side issues holding up the launch and nothing pack related how about you... you know... release the list of mods that are actually going to be in Photon? Or is the pack even put together?

6. MissEmai

MissEmai SrModerator
    Staff Member SrModerator

To clarify this further... the mention of TE in the S-Points and Photon listing was a mistake and more a force of habit.
    This being said.. there is no saying that TE won't appear at all in the packs once it is completely ported to 1.10.2

7. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

bla bla bla
    Are things progressing?
    Can we get a guestimation?

8. Daikaza

Daikaza Member

anything would be great

9. FeydToBlack

FeydToBlack Member

Can we get a world download for the servers that were taken down?

10. King__Brand

King__Brand Member

Some of you have been rather rude to the staff team and I though I would take the liberty to tell you off because staff members probably aren't allowed too. First off, this server is clearly a side project the staff team works on. That being said there is no reason to get mad at them for having more important issues at hand in their real lives. Secondly, to those of you throwing fits and acting like children, you really need to grow up. Maybe your parents didn't teach you the virtue of patience, or maybe you just think it's okay to throw fits about nothing. Either way you need to calm down and give the staff team the time they need to work. Your constant barrage of questions isn't going to make the server magically appear online, so sit your behinds in your chair and wait until they are ready to release the damn server. Thank you, have a nice day :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. OGMsc

OGMsc Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well said ^ things take time to create. And not everything is done every day all day long.

12. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

The issue isn't the delay, the issue is the lack of communication.

Case in point, the Infinity server has been down for what, 2 weeks now? And no staff member can take five minutes to make a topic about it being taken down, like UNL got?

Short term, lack of communication is because of a lack of time. But after a point, you can no longer excuse away the inability to spare five minutes as 'we don't have time'. A constant and consistent lack of communication isn't caused by lack of time - It's caused by a lack of care.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OGMsc

OGMsc Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

i get it. I was in the same boat. I work full time. and full time college. So I don't get much time to game anymore. I am not 100 in the loop with everything that is going on with it. I just know that it should be soon. I don't have an eta or anything, but from what I can gather, it should be soon.

14. KainArkanos

KainArkanos Member

One would generally expect that coming up to literally a month late from the announced start date of all these servers is way more than enough time, even on the spare time of a very small handful of people, is enough to correctly assemble and troubleshoot a bunch of mods for a modpack. It's not like they've been designing all these mods from scratch this entire time, they've been simply slowly putting them together like a puzzle, figuring out which way they can go to fully make them work. Frankly, that should not take a whole months delay, hell they've been working on it for more than a month now, probably almost two now even, the month is only between now and the original release date for all the new servers, not the full time that they've been actually working on these modpacks. There is no impatience in expecting a clear answer about the status of this project when it is so very...very late at this point.

Its not like this crap is getting done completely for free either. I mean sure, it's not like the mods and admins get paid for being here, but the actual server bill is footed partially by people who buy all the item packs and titles and whatnot, hell I've paid in some money in the past too when I was a more regular player here, so there is absolutely nothing unreasonable in people seeking actual info on the status of the new servers.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. tunny14

tunny14 Member

when you have tried to create a server you will understand the difficulties of creating one and especially when it is modded

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ockman

Ockman Member

Actually they kind of do have to build all the plugins by hand since plugins don't really exist post 1.9 (this is why 1.10 modpack servers are so extremely rare) A small handfull work fine but a lot broke, and with all Serendipitys plugins around towny, the menu system, global market, ect. It could take a while.

Im just guessing this is the case though, from personal experiance with other 1.10 moded servers.

17. DaBossJDawg

DaBossJDawg Member

I've been apart of this community on and off for several years now I can tell you with out a doubt that the promises they have made will get done. You can't get mad at them for running behind, it's not fair. Several factors go into the development process and some times things just get behind. You can't always give an accurate timeline for projects this big. So I would implore you all who have your doubts and angers to please be patient. This is a great community to be apart of and I would hate to see it be ruined because of a "delay".

18. King__Brand

King__Brand Member

First off, even if you are impatient or don't have anything better to do, being rude to the staff team isn't going to solve anything. You know the old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you?" Same principle here. This staff team is putting away some of their life to create a server just for this community. Unexpected delays are just that; unexpected. Therefore, instead of being impatient and rude which is not going to solve anything, you can wait like everyone else with patience and respect. There is no need to get mad simply because the management team is having complications. You are upset the server didn't get released on the date stated; Understandable. That however does not give you or anyone else free rain to target the staff team, you can express your pleasure in a more well manored way. One would generally expect instead of complaining people would give sympathy and respect to the management team that created the past servers you so actively played on. That being said, have a nice day :D

19. King__Brand

King__Brand Member

I completely understand where you're coming from. Lack of communication can be aggravating and the responses they have given are kind of evasive, but there is still no need to be rude to the staff team. I understand being upset or aggravated because there has been a lack of communication but if we can't have civil conversations without targeting the staff team, nothing will get accomplished.

20. hibee85

hibee85 Member

If you've been here years then you'll remember the Fireball incidents when on two occasions when we were waiting for updates about the server being relaunched after issues with Fireball and Serendipity selling Modded content and they just shut it down for 6+ months each time so promises aren't always kept.

And for those complaining about people being rude, I agree that it's unacceptable to be rude to others but I also think the lack of updates/communication is not acceptable either and you should be allowed to question this in a constructive way without people telling you to just accept it and wait. We are today a month late with launch and around 7 weeks (almost 1/6 of a year) after the initial announcement. For any server this would reflect badly. I fully appreciate people have lives but you do have to question if it is real life issues getting in the way for this extended period of time for everyone or if it's a matter of commitment to the server? And because staff haven't really given any details on what the delays are then I'm unfortunately leaning towards the latter.

Finally. for those who state the staff give up their free time to do this, you are correct but it's a choice they made to do so. And those that play and often spend even more time on the server than most staff are the ones that build the online community, the towns/landmarks, welcome new players, donate to help run the server. Players should be made to feel valuable but in the current situation it feels like people think we should "owe staff something" and should just be grateful that they are doing anything and accept things without question which I don't agree with.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!