Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Year, New Serendipity

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by sssssss340, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissEmai

MissEmai SrModerator
    Staff Member SrModerator

Information will be announced here on a release.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. hibee85

hibee85 Member

Perfect, thank you. Will keep checking back :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Zeldon567_

Zeldon567_ Member

This seems appropriate.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Been hanging out on imgur too much. In all seriousness though, can we get an update?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Keith

Keith Member

Hail Fellow Imgurian!

It would seem the update function has failed...again

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Elstealthed

Elstealthed Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Edit: didn't realise how long this was so a TL;DR :We are still working hard despite personal lives but we haven't forgotten about you all. It's just alot of work for this unfortunate issue. So keep your eyes open for an announcement, and please accept our deepest apologies! :)
    As it still stands, the only update that we can bring would be that we have limited the number of issues behind the scenes but unfortunately due to the current issues mixing with real life (ie work and personal lives - to some of us this period is unfortunately a busy one with work due to the whole retail business side of things where January starts picking up where the holidays hit along with the up comming holidays such as valentines day et cetera.)

This means that the work force on the server side is stretched thin as this is a project for our spare time.

Luckily for us though, we do have some fantastic staff who despite all of the stress and lack of sleep are currently working on fixing the issues.

We do understand that this can be seen as frustrating to some of our community, which we can only apologise for but we can also see this as a learning curve for future updates :) plus an opportunity to look for a dedicated community manager to help handle the information and update side of things allowing the staff who are needed to be able to focus more time on developing and tweaking backstage and a chance to ensure that our next major release can be much smoother and simpler for both us and the community.

So apologies to you guys for the unfortunate issues we've been faced with and I hope we manage to be able to solve the issues swiftly with a delayed but awesome release soon.

Best thing for now is to keep an eye out on the main page as I'm sure once we are able to release the pack at a playable and enjoyable standard there will be an announcement for you guys.
    Hope this clears up a few questions and confusion any of you may be experiencing,
    El :)

#45 Elstealthed, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Zeldon567_

Zeldon567_ Member

@Elstealthed Thank you for the informative update, and I hope everyone doesn't get too stressed out from work. Would you be allowed to go into detail about what the issues are you mentioned?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am afraid that we can not do that. Staff policy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

Are any of the modpacks ready to be uploaded? I mean just the mods not the servers. So we can like, get ready? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Elstealthed

Elstealthed Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Of course proton isn't avaliable just yet :p but you can have access to the other two modpacks (IndustrialBox and Resonant Rise) via the ATLauncher

https://www.atlauncher.com
    Make sure if you are using this launcher on the release of the servers that you check you're using the correct versions.

[some of the mods are quite fun tbh :)]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GodDeathBringer

I can be the middle man between staff and players if no one else is up to do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

Right, and that would be version... ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MissEmai

MissEmai SrModerator
    Staff Member SrModerator

At this point, the current version :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

That's super helpful

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ockman

Ockman Member

I am so glad RR has chisels and bits, I have been tinkering with it in single player for a while. for anyone that has not used that mod and likes building, you have to try it.

Think Microblocks, but without the horrible lag, and it's pixel based instead of being confined to shapes.

15. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

54 comments and counting wow

16. Ockman

Ockman Member

Since this still has no comments on it, I may as well give some input
    This is our current rank system (last I saw in the 1.7.10 servers):
    Male---------------Female
    Peasant----------Peasant
    Citizen------------Citizen
    Knight------------Dame
    Baron-------------Baroness
    Viscount---------Viscountess
    Count------------Countess
    Duke-------------Duchess

Prince------------Princess
    King--------------
    Emperor---------
    Sovereign--------

I assume the female versions of the three empty ones would just be titled Queen, Emperess, and Monarch respectively? or something along those lines at any rate. With Peasant and Citizen remaining unisex.

Each rank already has it's normal ingame tag, but Prince, Princess, and Peasant each have a [P] tag in different colors, I was wondering if we could change that somehow to be less confusing? like [Pr] or a different color. not really important though.

As for a Pristiege rank system, I think that would be very cool!
    I think only Duke/Duches ranks should have the option to Prestege, thus revert down to Peasent but with a + in the chat tag. This effectively resets the perks they had from previous ranks down to Peasent level, but with a brand new Pristege perk that they keep as they re-rank up with play hours as Peasents normally would. So even though they lose a lot of perks, they get to keep that Prestege perk as they rank up.
    That would double the number of ranks on the server so im not sure how practical that is though, and I am unsure how that would effect donator ranks or Prince/Princess since thats an odd middle ground rank.
    As for what the Prestege Perk should be, maybe one or two of these possibilities:

• acess to /nickname or a new chat color
    • a special weekly kit with unobtainable/rare items (dragon head, elytra, tinker tools free slot upgrade, ect. not game breaking)
    • a small permanent towny upkeep discount (far fetched but would be cool to see a permanent 10% off towny)
    • discount off spawn shop plots, or acess to even bigger plots
    • ect.
    (also possibly have a shop thing players could buy to start as Peasent+ instead of just Peasent, idk)

Side note: I purchased Prince ingame with S-points back on Unlimited X and then later won a month of King rank from one of the monthly givaways, but my forum rank apears to have gone down to Count? (yesterday it was Baron for some reason) so im not sure whats up with that, I just noticed yesterday and wanted to mention that, I assume it's just ranks being moved around atm?

17. INKIETO123

INKIETO123 Member

any updates?

18. KainArkanos

KainArkanos Member

Not that I'm blaming anyone since everyone has a life and/or a job, but I feel like being two weeks late might merit some sort of updates on progress. I mean real updates, not just "its coming along".

19. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

Or like better than a "At this point, the current version"

20. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

Honestly, I get the feeling that Photon is the pack holding things up.

Why you ask? Because, according to what new items are going to be added to the shop and the basic mods list we were given, it is going to launch with Thermal Expansion in it. A mod that hasn't officially been released yet.

I get the feeling this is just the result of some miscommunication between staff and TE devs, assuming that they would be allowed to launch Photon using a alpha of TE that they were provided for testing.

Conveniently, it also explains why the packs haven't made their way over to the custom launcher yet. Because if the hold up was server side issues as staff said, that wouldn't prevent them from releasing the packs early on our launch. As for 'well, IB and RR are public packs', the staff want this to be a full 3-pack launch - So until they can push out Photon, nothing is getting pushed out.

As long as Photon is going to be launching with TE in it, the 1.10.2 servers launch is going to be on hold until TE gets a official 1.10.2 release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!