Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Year, New Serendipity

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by sssssss340, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

-------------------------------
    ALL: Please See Here
    -------------------------------
    *Cue Drumroll*

I'm sure some of you have noticed a lull in activity on the network recently, as well as an absence of many of the staff members and a server or two. Well this is because we have been hard at work in the development of an entirely new Serendipity experience with:

Modded Minecraft 1.10

Yes, it exists. We are working on it. Stay tuned to this thread for more teasers throughout the week, with the below sections filling in day by day. Feel free to ask any questions you would like me to answer in the comments below.

1/2/17: Modpack 1 reveal: Industrialbox

1/3/17: Donation store update:

Ranks shall remain the same.
    Basic list of S-Point packs:
    Applied Energistics 2 Starter
    EnderIO Conduit Pack
    Thermal Expansion Machine Pack
    Metals Pack​

1/4/17: Modpack 2 reveal:

<INSERT COMMUNITY POLL RELATED PUN HERE>
    Yes indeed, the second modpack shall be determined by a community poll, found here. This poll will be open until the 10th, with suggestions added by you, the community! (Personally, I'm leaning towards Flat Factory, but please chime in if I missed a pack!)

1/5/17: Rank information:

All of our current ranks will be returning, with both the male and female versions available! While the exact permissions are still being worked out, expect most of the same features, but skewed a bit more towards the top of the chain, providing an additional incentive to proceed up the chain and earn a shiny new title. We are interested in feedback as to what kind of abilities you would like to earn as you rank up, as well as your input on a sort of prestige system where you can reset to a lower rank, but gain prestige points to spend on rewards. Community feedback is the key to all of this, so speak below!

1/6/17: Preview of spawns and shops:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1/7/17: Custom Modpack information
    Introducing: Photon
    Photon will be the upcoming Serendipity custom pack. It will be lightweight (30 > Mods), and optimized for high performance on lower end machines, with as little feature loss as possible. There is a list of basic mods which will be included (Thermal Expansion, Optifine, etc.), however feel free to chime in with more in the comments below.

1/8/17: Forum feature update:
    1/9/17: Preview of lobby:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/10/17: Final release date
    1/20/2017

#1 sssssss340, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dustnt

Dustnt Member

Bring it on!

3. hibee85

hibee85 Member

Glad to see, hopefully can get the community back to the scale and quality that it had before :)

4. Cehter

Cehter Member

5. Cehter

Cehter Member

Sooo, what is the modpack 2? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hibee85

hibee85 Member

I'm guessing that as the Donation Store has been delayed then it means that everything else on the list after it has been delayed too?? So are the new timescales:
    1/3/17: Donation store update: DELAYED TO 1/9
    1/10/17: Modpack 2 reveal
    1/11/17: Rank information
    1/12/17: Preview of spawns and shops
    1/13/17: Custom Modpack information
    1/14/17: Forum feature update
    1/15/17: Preview of lobby
    1/16/17: Reveal of final release date

7. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer

Nope, just that one has been moved back, the store needed a bit more tweaking before public release. Sorry for the confusion, the staggered dissemination of information is a new idea for us, so there have been some hiccups. (Expect a hiring notice for a community manager at some point in the near future)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

LOL Yingiz castle for spawn is awesome. (Yingiz is the name of Cyr1 (the moderator) town for those that don't know.) :)

9. hibee85

hibee85 Member

Asked if it was all delayed as the lack of updates between 2nd and today but fully understand you guys are busy behind the scenes with everything. Thanks for the updates and looking forward to the final ones and launch.

10. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Little fun fact. I actually made that spawn.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. _MicroBot

_MicroBot Member

wooooaaaaaa

12. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

So Unlimited is axed this version and we're running a lightweight 1.7.10 pack in it's place?

Meh, I guess that makes sense given how the community voting is turning out - Resonant Rise for a 1.10.2 pack would make Unlimited a bit redundant.

Edit - Wanted to add this to the original post but accidentally lost this part, just now bothered rewriting it.

A lightweight pack is a good choice, but having a 1.7.10 pack when we're trying to switch over to 1.10.2?

Industrialbox is a odd choice given how the community voting looks like it'll turn out. It's a tech centric pack sure, but that's it. It's not quest based, so it doesn't really have anything to draw it in other than being tech centric - And if you're wanting a tech playthrough, you could just do RR and ignore the magic mods. IB would still appeal to the tech purists, but that would be the minority compared to the people who would prefer RR.

If FF wins the community vote, then IB would make more sense but lets take a look at what we're running then - A tech centric pack, a lightweight pack based around a outdated version of minecraft, and a HQM pack. I see packs that will appeal to various niches, but the lack of a general purpose/kitchen sink pack is going to limit us when it comes to pulling in new members. Case in point, have a look at our current servers - Which server is currently getting the most activity on it? Skyblock, expert, or regular Infinity?

It's still a toss up between FF and RR, either could win or they could tie, but honestly I think the best option would just be axing Industrialbox and running the 2nd place pick in its place. This would have us with a lightweight mod pack, a HQM pack, and a kitchen sink pack - A selection that would have far better appeal than either combination you'd get with IB. (Though, again, Photon would still be the odd one out being a 1.7.10 pack when we're trying to switch to 1.10.2)

#12 Mr. X, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  13. KainArkanos

KainArkanos Member

So what would be considered the most Unlimited-like pack coming out of all of this? Given my enjoyment for just time wasting and the hard-mode providing to doing automation and running copious amounts of tech related stuff as someone who was addicted to Gregstech back in Ultimate, admittedly I would find nothing worth playing anymore if there was nothing similar to Unlimited, things like Infinity were just way too stale in my case.

14. Cyril wer Kaldra

Staff Member Moderator

If the poll goes as it is at the moment then Resonant Rise would be the most Unlimited like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer

Not entirely sure where the confusion started, Photon would be on 1.10.2 with the rest of the network

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Cyril wer Kaldra

Staff Member Moderator

I also do not see where you get the HQM pack from. Industrialbox does not have that mod nor does RR or FF as far as i am aware. It was also never claimed photon would be 1.7.10. Only that it is going to be our new custom pack. Industrialbox was also decided upon through a poll amongst all the staffmembers out of the list of every 1.10 modpack that was available at that time.
    Along with that. Industrial box is the first server that is going to be run on 1.10. The second is going to be whichever pack wins the poll.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer

We have a thing for polls lately

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cyril wer Kaldra

Staff Member Moderator

Out of which the one for the first pack being because i just shoved it in your face. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

Most of the achievement based packs I've played have had HQM in them, so that's my fault - I've just got into the habit of labeling achievement based 'heres your quest book' packs as HQM packs, even if they lack that mod. So switch out HQM with achievement or quest based, most of my points would stand.

As for Photon being 1.7.10, you DID state that it will have TE in it and that the new donation shop will have a TE package avaliable, and as of right now those mods are only for 1.10.2.

I do know that some people have taken up porting the mod to 1.10.2, and that they are nearing a release, but so far they are refusing to put out a actual date - You could have early access to a release version just for your pack, but given how hush hush they are being on the release date I doubt they'd be cool with you quasi-revealing the date by saying 'hey, our pack comes out on 'X date' and has TE in it!'

I suppose I can be completely wrong on that last part though, in which case I eagerly await whatever information you can provide as to when TE for 1.10.2 (Oops, I mean, our 1.10.2 servers) will be launching. :)

#19 Mr. X, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  20. hibee85

hibee85 Member

1/10/17: Reveal of final release date

Any update on this? Much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!