Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion More HQM Modpacks

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by YoshiiPowa, Aug 29, 2015.

1. YoshiiPowa

YoshiiPowa Member

It would be nice to see more HQM Modpacks on the server list.
    Since I try out a lot there are some really good ones that are open world etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Galdur_Hrafn

Galdur_Hrafn Member

Having no more HQM pack would spice the servers up a bit. :)

3. YoshiiPowa

YoshiiPowa Member

How would having no more spice the servers up?

4. Galdur_Hrafn

Galdur_Hrafn Member

I can type really, not sure how the no got there

5. YoshiiPowa

YoshiiPowa Member

One of my Favs so far is the Ultimate Quest Pack I do it on single player and there is 800+ quests. This is good for players who get stuck on mods. This teaches you all the mods in the pack. I really think it should be looked at.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zovoka

Zovoka Member

I think tubby needs to make the current servers run better, before going and adding another modpack. He already spends tons of time setting them up and maintaining them, but, with the lag, I do not think it is wise to add another pack.

7. YoshiiPowa

YoshiiPowa Member

I know. Its a suggestion not a request. As i said it would be nice to have something like that on the server.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HandGrenade

HandGrenade Administrator

We usually base the modpacks we host off of the popularity of the modpack (We obviously don't want a modpack which will attract no players). If you find one which is fairly popular, works well with multiplayer and has a decent set of mods, who knows :)

9. YoshiiPowa

YoshiiPowa Member

Well I am not sure about the popularity of the pack. I believe there is a multilayer pack for it too. Its got all the mods people love. It is a big pack though. With the progression system to its quite a long play through. Cause if Ultimate Quest Pack came to the server. With permissions I would definitely do a Server Lets Play for the Server, Its open world so should work fine. The pack generates random seeds. So it will be like a normal infinity but with a HQM thrown in for fun and objectives etc.

10. Zovoka

Zovoka Member

One thing to keep in mind, you do not really want to add packs that are really similar, because they split the playerbase. As of right now, each modpack on the server is different enough to distinguish them. If the only major difference between that pack and infinity is HQM, then it might not be such a good idea to add it.

11. ImminentStrike

Staff Member Helper

Plus HQM is a pain in the ass to deal with on the administration side of things, if we're being honest.

12. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

Don't think admin job is easy no matter what, but I would love the idea of more HQM packs to play on..

13. Hugones

Hugones Member

HQM had a very poor track record over 1.6, which made many of the staff member say nope to it. (Research "HQM 1024 bug" if you want to see the reason)
    There are a lot of things that need to go into consideration when choosing a pack which runs HQM nowdays, popularity and server-orientation being the 2 main ones.
    As far as things go though, skyblock is the mainstream HQM pack with a specific plugin that leaves a lot to be desired.

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!