Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion Lite modpacks?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by N1ch0l2sTheBudderman, Dec 19, 2015.

1. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

I'm kind of hoping that there's going to be lite versions of the packs on the launchers so people with low-spec computers could actually play on this network, because Unlimited IX for me has WAAAAY too many mods, Infinity is playable for me but I get low fps, even with OptiFine installed, AG2....well actually that's really boring.
    So please, make some lite versions of the packs, or at least bring on a Serendipity version of FTB Lite 3 with a server on it.

Thanks.

2. electronbeam

electronbeam Member

Having "lite" versions of various modpacks would also necessitate hosting servers for those packs for people to be able to join. It's doable, but there would have to be considerable interest. Servers can be pretty expensive :)

Have you tried other optimization mods like Fastcraft or BetterFPS?

#2 electronbeam, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

Yes, I've tried those mods, but I've always thought it's 1. a little too tedious to have to put all three together in a modpack and 2....well actually there isn't a two. Also, Infinity has fastcraft already installed in it, and I don't think BetterFPS will "better" my "FPS" any more, even when I have OptiFine installed.
    Anyways, what do you mean by "necessitate"? I do understand that servers can be "pretty expensive".

4. electronbeam

electronbeam Member

If we hosted lite modpacks, we would have to have a server for you to be able to connect to. That costs money. :)

5. HandGrenade

HandGrenade Administrator

Adding on to what @electronbeam has already said. It not only takes money and resources to host these servers, but also the large amount of time that we pour into setting up the server, configuring mods and plugins, and then finally setting up the spawn & other information boards. We would also have to find such a suitable pack which can guarantee us players which would keep that server running.

6. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

Oh, alright. I can see your guys' points. I never really thought about all the money, resources, and time that it took for servers and modpacks. At least I tried.

7. MissEmai

MissEmai SrModerator
    Staff Member SrModerator

May I suggest, for you to try running Infinity without FastCraft and just add Optifine.
    I have found, from personal experience that FastCraft can have the opposite effect on my game experience so I always remove it from my packs now and add in Optifine.
    I used to play with a max FPS is around 20, now, Im often hitting 90. So its worth a shot to see if it helps your game play :)

8. Mr. X

Mr. X Member

It would take time to setup, but the server that's running AG Sky could be used for a lite pack. Most players have hit end game and have stopped playing, or have moved onto another pack having lost interest by now and looking at the number of players in that server right now - A grand total of zero - I'd say that its playerbase is no longer large enough to justify the costs to keep the server up, nor the time needed to maintain it.

I'd make the same argument for the DW20, and another argument that I've made a few times in the past. It's redundant to be running three - four if you want to count INF Expert mode - kitchen sink packs.

9. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

@MissEmai I might try out your idea. Thanks.
    @Mr. X I see. Also, please tell me, what's a kitchen sink pack?

10. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

@MissEmai Alright, so I tried out your idea, and it failed. Having just OptiFine doesn't work. Even on the lowest settings, too! This isn't good...

11. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

A kitchen sink modpack is most likely referring to the large number of mods covering a broad range of functionality. They are the functional opposite of lite modpacks.

12. N1ch0l2sTheBudderman

Oh. Gotcha.

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!