Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion Ban the staff of power in the end.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by mrzedzed, Feb 10, 2016.

1. mrzedzed

mrzedzed Member

The end is small. Today it was reset and within the first half a day it's already half gone thanks to the staff of power. The attitude that comes with it is also pretty distasteful. but hey, that's people.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

To those who disliked his post, I would like to hear any alternate solutions to this issue

3. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

make it bigger?

4. sssssss340

sssssss340 Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

The entire main island was destroyed within hours of a reset, making it bigger would add primarily empty space

5. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

make a central protected area for those not interested in draconium ore?

6. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Then people would just tear through everything around that protected area.

7. ObjectedCobra

ObjectedCobra Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Nether and Twilight forests appeal is a large area to basically strip mine for resources instead of tearing up the over-world the Ends problem is that it sits in the void with nothing below it while the other dims are massive the End are not. like every other dims the end is being mined, quarried, and demolished for its resources but unlike the others its tiny.

8. apricott99

apricott99 Member

Banning the Staff of power in the end sounds like a whole lot of problems, how would it work? Would it just be taken out of your inv? Disabled or what? I can see people will be loosing them and complaining that they weren't given back etc... Or lag or a crash meant they weren't returned. Lastly it's not just the staff of power out there that's causing the issue, I can think of other pick axes and even quarry's that cause the same amount of damage.

Although I do agree that this problem is annoying, finding the end either gone, or transformed into a public garden full of flowers is annoying.

Maybe expand the end world boundaries? It's a small island and I've heared that one metiore can hold up to more than a quarter of that found in the end. The expansion wouldn't cause instability or lag as the end is just empty space so the server shouldn't struggle to load in any blocks.

9. Cyril wer Kaldra

Staff Member Moderator

While this is a neat idea it brings along the issue of the meteorites being relatively rare. About 1 in every 10000 chunks

10. Angel_Seina

Angel_Seina Member

Draconic Evolution is a global problem by a lot of servers. You either limit or ban the use of parts of the mod, or you hope nothing bad happens. Me? I say burn the entire draconic armor and tool sets. Too OP.

11. Penguinlord42

Penguinlord42 Member

why not just make the warp price more expensive and make it a vanila end

12. Hugones

Hugones Member

Because donators can warp for free and people can set homes or outposts in the end, bypassing the warp costs.

13. apricott99

apricott99 Member

Making it a vanilla end would just shut down Draconic Evolution as no draconium ore would spawn. That wouldn't go down lightly.

14. apricott99

apricott99 Member

You could create a shop for draconium ore at admin shop. Or some other method of purchase what would stop the destruction of the end.

In my experience I don't find the destruction of the end too much of a problem, I just ask an admin to reset it and if they are nice they will do so for the next server restart, it may be destroyed but at least you know the time when t is reset so you can enjoy the plentiful resources that you require. If you need this again then just ask again. Of course requiring that the end is significantly defaced, not just missing 1 block of ore.

15. Cyril wer Kaldra

Staff Member Moderator

Draconium spawns in the nether, deep dark and overworld as well

16. mrzedzed

mrzedzed Member

Resetting the end too often will result in a plummet in worth of draconium to the point where every fresh player would have access to end game equipment without much work. More so than has already been the case.

17. Angel_Seina

Angel_Seina Member

I'm going to re-iterate. Draconic tools/weapons/armor is far beyond what is 'op'. It is basically creative, and overall horrible for servers. Because of the grief potential and trolling methods people can use.

Burning it is an option.

• Like Like x 1
  18. apricott99

apricott99 Member

I don't really like it that much, I just use the energy storage then have the armour and tools for show, I find other armour more effective such as ichor. Burning could be an option but that wouldn't go down well with everyone else on the server, and for new comers.

19. apricott99

apricott99 Member

As for draconium spawning in other dimensions, we all know that it's very scarce compared to the end, only a reliable source if you already have a staff of power that can dig huge chunks at 1 time.

This isn't appropriate as it will be near impossible for players with a standard pick digging 1x1x1 to find. Which will make it harder for new players to get into it, and just widening a gap between the already op and the new comers.

20. mrzedzed

mrzedzed Member

Like I originally suggested. just ban the use of the staff of power in the end. put everyone on a level-ish playing field. Doesn't have to be some code to get rid of it when you go there. just make it a rule. easy to find out if and how the rule was broken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!