Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ban appeal for Suspected duping

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Sanic, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanic

Sanic Member

Username: Krukraft55, XxDemonChaosxX, kato1jr, and DabmonWhippet.
    Action: Perma banned
    Offence for which action was taken: Duping
    Why should the action be reveresed?:
    StoryTime I guess.
    So me and my 3 friends found a very large base, of people who have been playing for a long time, I searched the base for awhile, under ground, in the wilderness area, and found a exposed ME wire, which I can show a staff member if possible, I thought "Oh can we open their ME?" We could. We then stole basically all the valuables from the base and kept it our own. Now if I read the rules correctly, raiding a base is allowed, anything thats unclaimed is legal and anyone can take stuff from it. We were not questioned on how we got this stuff at all, we we were not given any warnings or what not, we were instantly banned without much time to react.In confusion when we were banned we hopped on the Teamspeak server and were told to make a ban appeal. So there really was no reason for me to be perma banned, unless raiding is not allowed on this server.

2. TomatoInTheSky

TomatoInTheSky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi,

The staff member who banned you will be with you soon.

FYI, each member banned has to make their own ban appeal.

Thanks

-Tomato

• Old Old x 1
  3. Sanic

Sanic Member

Is there anyway for each member to not have to make their own appeal? I did this so not every member had to make a account, and overall, it would save time on both ends. We could hop on the teamspeak and somehow verify that I'm talking on behalf of them.

4. Sanic

Sanic Member

It now has been 8 days, when will I get a response to this appeal?

5. Cyril wer Kaldra

Cyril wer Kaldra Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Mikdarzhi

Mikdarzhi Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I was hoping you would follow the usual procedure for a ban appeal but it seems not, I apologize but I will not allow you to appeal for your other town mates.

To help all of you out on your appeals:
    This does not help you in any way, it basically is telling me that I shouldn't ban you for duping but instead for griefing. I'm assuming you mean Regulation 1(Damage which occurs to non-locked items outside of towns will not be investigated nor refunded, and is not forbidden by the rules.)

The Server Rules you are now breaking are as follows:

No exploits, dupes, glitches or cheats of any kind. (See Rule 1)
    • In this case the reason I had banned you, you were found to have interacted with a known dupe method, and with quite a large amount of items obtained in a short time. Breaking this rule will get you permanently banned.
    No bypassing Towny, LWC or any other form of protection. (See Rule 2)
    • Below is for rule number two, the rule you are currently telling me you broke and you should have gotten a warning for:
      • If the item in question is under towny you should not touch it(You can check with /towny map to see if the area nearby is a town/the plot you are standing in is a town.)
      • If it the above shows up as wilderness then run /cinfo(It will prompt you to punch the item in question, in which case it will tell you who owns the item) if it has an owner then you should not touch it as well.
      • Accepting illegitimate and/or duped items will result in a ban.
    Accepting illegitimate and/or duped items will result in a ban. (See Rule 8)
    • Since the items are duped you claiming you had stolen them also will fall under this rule.
    To help motivate all of you to appeal properly, I am locking the thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!