Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ban appeal for Suspected duping Number 2

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Sanic, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Sanic

Sanic Member

Username: Krukraft55,
    (Not much of this is new until the StoryTime bit, so just skip to the "Last thread," sentance)
    Action: Perma banned
    Offence for which action was taken: Duping
    Why should the action be reversed?:
    StoryTime I guess.
    So me and my 3 friends found a very large base, of people who have been playing for a long time, I searched the base for awhile, under ground, in the wilderness area, and found a exposed ME wire, which I can show a staff member if possible, I thought "Oh can we open their ME?" We could. We then stole basically all the valuables from the base and kept it our own. Now if I read the rules correctly, raiding a base is allowed, anything thats unclaimed is legal and anyone can take stuff from it. We were not questioned on how we got this stuff at all, we we were not given any warnings or what not, we were instantly banned without much time to react.In confusion when we were banned we hopped on the Teamspeak server and were told to make a ban appeal. So there really was no reason for me to be perma banned, unless raiding is not allowed on this server.
    Last thread I made mikdarzhi listed what rules I broke, so I'll just respond to that.
    "mikdarzhi"
    "No exploits, dupes, glitches or cheats of any kind. (See Rule 1)

• In this case the reason I had banned you, you were found to have interacted with a known dupe method, and with quite a large amount of items obtained in a short time. Breaking this rule will get you permanently banned."

What would the dupe method even be? I know I haven't duped anything. As I said before, you didn't mention anything before my ban, it seem like you were avoiding my group when asking about the ban. Along with that, if you knew about a dupe method, would it not be banned? Banning me then saying I was duping is extremely vague, say if I was duping, would you not just tell me how I duped before banning me or just telling me when I joined the Teamspeak?

Number 2,
    No bypassing Towny, LWC or any other form of protection. (See Rule 2)

• Below is for rule number two, the rule you are currently telling me you broke and you should have gotten a warning for:
      • If the item in question is under towny you should not touch it(You can check with /towny map to see if the area nearby is a town/the plot you are standing in is a town.)
      • If it the above shows up as wilderness then run /cinfo(It will prompt you to punch the item in question, in which case it will tell you who owns the item) if it has an owner then you should not touch it as well.
      • Accepting illegitimate and/or duped items will result in a ban.
    For points 1 and 2, technically the items were not under towny protection, nor were they under protection LWC, instead I placed my own ME wires to connect to their ME so I could access their storage, which can be prevented by placing a security terminal, again, if we could have a meeting on, say teamspeak, I could show them where I accessed their ME.
    For point 3, how would I know that these items were not legitimate? I did not accept them, I took them, not knowing the history of such items unless I ask the person, which was not on at the time and just obviously won't do, about such items.

Number 3,
    Accepting illegitimate and/or duped items will result in a ban. (See Rule 8)

• Since the items are duped you claiming you had stolen them also will fall under this rule.

Again, how would I know that these items were not legitimate, I can not go into the history of the items, nor can I ask a staff member which are usually in vanish, nor can I ask the player that owns such items as they were not on at the time, there was no clear way for me to tell. Punishing me for not knowing a history of item(s) is just wrong.

If a new person, half a day in or so, was offered wyvern armor by a rich person on the server, not told anything about these items, if that armor was later found out to be duped, would you ban the new player? No, you won't, because they lack the power to know if that item is duped or not, they were just given a boost in their eyes. Most likely you would just delete the armor, not permanently ban them. So why would you ban me?

#1 Sanic, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Sanic

Sanic Member

Should also mention it might be awhile until the others make their own appeal.

3. Sanic

Sanic Member

Is this ever being looked at again or should I just delete my account at this point?

4. mrzedzed

mrzedzed Member

Giving items away for free is against the rules.

Bypassing is against the rules.
    Bypass - go past or round.
    you were on the outside, the items were on the inside. you bypassed the protection to obtain them.

You were caught breaking the rules. you didn't apologise. you didn't take any responsibility, rather you argued that you did nothing wrong. what you should have done is gained clarity on what the server rules are, replacing your interpretation of them. Then promised to never break them again going forward.

5. therealdopey

therealdopey Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Please repost your ban appeal in the proper format. We will take a look at it at that point

• About Us

Serendipity Network is an established modded server network tracing its roots back to early 2012. Run by experienced administrators and developers, we are committed to providing a high quality, feature-enriched modded experience to all of our users.
  • Vote Serendipity!

Get awesome rewards on all of our servers when you vote for us! Not only does it only take a moment of your time, it's a great way to support Serendipity!

Vote Now!